Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Vesak Day

Holiday

Today is actually Thailand's Vesak day, while Singapore's Vesak day is tomorrow. Interesting, I wonder why the difference in date. Should it not be the same internationally?

Good for me la, today trade Singapore market, tomorrow trade Thailand market. Perfect!

Be Different

While it is a holiday, I am currently at work. Like I said, I work everyday. Inspired by the book, The Road Less Travelled, I chose a occupation that is out of most people's comfort zone. 

Reference: https://www.amazon.com/Road-Less-Traveled-Timeless-Traditional/dp/0743243153


Taking some spare time to talk about why I chose my current occupation. Most people might want to work comfortably in an office, near home, etc. However, what people might not know for a matter of fact is, undesired jobs are well paid for. Why choose an 8 to 5 job and end up working for the rest of your life when you are an average joe? Although with a degree, I considered myself an average joe.

At least 1 out of every three person you see on the street in Singapore has a degree, if not higher. It is not a big deal and I do not consider myself smarter than most people. I know my edge and I know my weakness. I love hands-on while I hate to deal with people relationship. Short term pain for long term gain, similar to a lockdown. It is not an easy decision, but I want to eventually live a life where I am doing what I really wanted to do - to help others reach the dream of their life.

Trade of the Day

Seroja Inv (IW5.SI)

Bought it yesterday at 0.073 and sold immediately this morning at 0.074 because I wanna jump back into the Medtech (546.SI). Earned some breakfast, lunch & dinner money from just one pip. Amazing because cost of living in Thailand is just that cheap.

Medtech (546.SI)

Maybe I jumped in with too much excitement. But hey, it's 15x net profit, it is not worth missing. It ponders me whether I should jump back into Clearbridge (1H3.SI)  at current price level.

Disclaimer: Shared opinion on this blog is not to be treated as investment advice to the readers. Please do your own due diligence and consider your financial goals before investing.

No comments:

Post a Comment