Monday, May 4, 2020

Monthly Update

Portfolio Investing

I am Singapore number one portfolio investing fan (copy from Mr Brown).

While being a fan of portfolio investing, I never quite set up the portfolio until the start of 2020. Therefore I am currently quite far away from my target allocation.

As of 4th May 2020, below is my planned vs actual allocation.


Cash

Currently at 7.5 % as I am lazy, hence current month's salary has already accounted in the calculation.

With global interest rate close to zero or even negative for some countries, usually I will invest the moment I receives my salary.

Bond

Currently at 0.7%.

Previously at 12%, redeemed from SSB and invested all in Clearbridge. Was lucky to get out with decent return before it crashed.

I guess it will be long after the current pandemic before I invest again in bond.

Shares

Currently at 45.6%.

Was in a shopping spree for the past 2 months. Currently holding 11 counters in SGX and 1 counter in SET.

I am currently exploring the option to invest in the US market. I told my broker to call me when her job scope changed to hitting flies rather than picking up phone calls.

Precious Metal

Currently at 8.9%.

Was at a comfortable 10% in March, guess I will  just have to buy more. I love precious metal, especially when you know it will rise before everything is over.
Citibank recently given the price target of US$3000 per ounce. Let's hope the other banks do not catch up with the forecast that fast.

Fixed Deposit

Currently at 37.2%.

I like to do fixed deposit, even if it is with a low interest rate. It gives us a peace of mind and a good night sleep. Losing sleep over investment and lack of emergency fund is not my way of life.

ETF

Zero percent. Finally I have the chance to add and buy some ETF. I trade that often that I need ETF to limit my downside.

I will most likely be seeking to buy ETF for S&P 500. To me, it is not the right time yet, let's hope I board the boat on time before it leaves.

Saving Plan

I was introduced late last year to resale saving plan by my friend Samuel. Hence it became my another option to limit my downside with a higher return than fixed deposit.

I hate to waste my money that is supposed to save and paid it for commission, but with resale saving plan it solves my problem.

You can read more about resale saving plan by click the link here.

You may also call my friend Samuel at 9653 6420 for more information.

Disclaimer: Shared opinion on this blog is not to be treated as investment advice to the readers. Please do your own due diligence and consider your financial goals before investing.

No comments:

Post a Comment