Monday, May 11, 2020

Thai Wedding

Another busy day at work while wifey is at home, sabai sabai. It is holiday for government sector today, good for her.

Raining again, hence it is time for another post.

Thailand is a bit like Chinese, an engagement is required. A bit like a session for 聘礼 (betrothal gift). Usually attended by friends and family, I did not invite anyone and went one man show as I am required to have the engagement done before I leave Thailand for my annual leave in Singapore.

It will be followed by the actual wedding and wedding dinner. Wifey and I was very lucky to have our ROM on 14th Feb 2020 before the lockdown in Singapore. (Now I have one less day to celebrate each year.) Back then as the coronavirus has already started causing fear in people, we delayed our wedding dinner in Singapore and had dinner only with our parents. We then had dinner with our close Thai relatives at Icon Siam, Bangkok. Note that there is free shuttle boat if you would like to visit when everything is back to normal. Similar to Marina Sands, water fountain show is available in the evening.

All in all I think I spent way below 300k baht, equivalent to 13.2k SGD. Cannot recall the total amount, as I am not that particular after spending the money. Let bygones be bygones.



Suit tailored at Pinky Tailor (Bangkok) for around 16500 baht 

Wedding Bouquet from Plaza Singapura

Simple Dinner in Singapore

View from Millennium Hilton, Bangkok

One Night Stay at Millennium Hilton as it is located right next to Icon Siam


In any case it is still way cheaper than her friend's wedding in Korat. Nakhon Ratchasima aka Korat is the largest province in Thailand and is one of the four major cities of Isan.

Glad wifey did not hate me for not being able to give her a grand wedding. Will be spending that money on our honeymoon to British though, when the pandemic is over.

People got stage hor

People got special place for blessings from relative & friends

Space filler, do not mind me

The restaurant is huge

Temple, everywhere we go, we visit temple. Same goes for Myanmar.

Next time show you all a door 5 times this size that I saw in Myanmar

Temple with Statues for Heroes of Korat

No comments:

Post a Comment